December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?
I think I’ll just quote a Leunig cartoon, and a song we sing at choir, in response to this. “Let it go, let it out. Let it all unravel. Let it free, and it can be a path on which to travel.”
December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?
The last thing I made was my Christmas mix CD for this year, using my trusty laptop.
The thing I was having trouble with this year was transitioning from the first track – glam rock is hard to wind down from, if you want to move into carols. The track list for this year’s mix is below. Links go to Youtube, so don’t go clicking on them if you don’t want to be loading videos:
1. The Darkness – Christmas Time
2. K T Tunstall – 2000 Miles
3. Tori Amos – Star of Wonder
4. James Taylor – Who Comes This Night?
5. Zee Avi – No Christmas For Me
6. Jack Johnson – Someday at Christmas
7. Aimee Mann – I’ll Be Home for Christmas
8. Hayley Westenra – Carol of the Bells
9. Kate Havnevik – Winter Wonderland
10. Solveig Slettahjell – December Song
11. Hayley Westenra – Veni Veni Emmanuel
12. Straight No Chaser – Hark the Herald Angels Sing
13. Aimee Mann – Christmastime
14. Hayley Westenra – River
15. Sufjan Stevens – Holy Holy Holy
16. K D Lang – Hallelujah
17. Sarah McLachlan – Silent Night
18. Straight No Chaser – Auld Lang Syne